Saturday, August 13, 2011

Iron Girl...oh yes I did!





Never in a million years did I think I had it in me. I am not strong enough, not fit enough, not good enough. ALL LIES and it was time to shut those voices up. I listened for to long, I believed to long. No more, I am strong, I am on the road to being fit and healthy and I am good enough, He said so therefore I believe the TRUTH.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 I have been bought with a price and I belong to God.
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

Ephesians 1:3-8 I have been chosen by God and adopted as His child.
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding.


I have spent the last year changing for the better, changing my activities, food and thoughts. Some days where so hard but I had a goal. I went through times of real panic and fear, but I had great back up in the form of friends and family who prayed and cheered me in the direction of my goal. There will never be enough thank yous for that.

Tomorrow will be one week since I crossed that finish line and was called Iron Girl. The feeling can only be compared to how I felt as I walked out of the church after becoming Mrs. Daniel Rodriguez or as I was wheeled out of the hospital with a tiny little person in my arms. I can hardly contain the excitment but still don't have real words to describe how powerful and life changing it was.

My journey is far from over, more work to do, more swimming, more biking and more running. Healthy and strong both in my mind and body.

I have a year to wait before I get to pass over that line again but I know the journey there will change me even more and I compleatly embrace that.

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened - Dr. Seuss



Of course the frosting on this cake was doing this with my rock star of a mother. 
Thank you mom for being an inspiration, thank you for never giving up on me and thank you for cheering me over that line. Love you more than I love mashed potatoes.

4 comments:

  1. I'm all teary now, Heather. You are amazing. Rock on, Iron Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! So well put... you are my inspiration friend~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very proud of you! Thanks for sharing those verses... I needed to hear those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, strong, wonderful! Most of all, love the scripture. HE is Truth, and you're right, He said so! So honored to have you for my friend - and looking forward to some training time with you. Can you teach me to swim? KIDDING - I'm taking those lessons, and I'm more inspired now than ever. Thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete