Friday, September 16, 2011

Rock Star Legacy

Last Saturday my mom ran another half marathon. Granny did great, took third place in her age group and once again set a fantastic example for my kids and me. So that seed of "maybe I will do a half" grew a little more as I very proudly cheered her over the line.  On this day both girls did their first race. A one mile fun run, both did great. Ella was actually so fast I was not even at the finish line when she crossed (still having a hard time with that) Marcelina made me so proud, she pushed herself, she didn't give up and she had fun! Now she wants to try a 5k, I am thinking turkey trot this year.  Max, papa and myself had the hardest job of course, Support Crew. Papa says it is always hardest on us, it takes a lot of work. ;o) All in all in was a great day and I am so blessed to have a mom who sets such a good example for physical health. Goals you set are Goals you get!


The days runners




Love the smile on Ella's face.

So I am just standing talking with Greg thinking I have another couple minutes before anyone crosses the line. She walks up "hi mom I'm done" I could have cried.

I really did cry here.



The girls ran Grandma in. Yup cried here also.

Go granny go granny go granny go!

No comments:

Post a Comment