Saturday, November 5, 2011

Thankfulness Day 5



My messy writing says it all! Dan and I got a date last night thanks to the amazing CORE student ministry at North Syracuse Baptist Church.

It is such a  treat when I get Dan all to myself, I am ridiculously in love with this man that I get to call husband. Now I don't say that to sound cheesy or like we have it all together, we don't.  Even in the everyday messes of life I adore this man, he works hard, he makes me laugh even if I don't want to, he knows how to give me space or step in and take control. He still kisses me like we are newlyweds and I still get weak in the knees.  Let's not even get me started on the kind of dad he is, we will all need a bottle of wine to go with the abundance of cheese ;o)

So last night we where given 4 1/2 hours to just be together and I am very thankful.
p.s the kids where thankful for such a fun night!



Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.
-- Melody Beattie

No comments:

Post a Comment