Saturday, November 5, 2011

Thankkfulnes Day 4

I am thankful for the old soul that made me a mom.


It can be hard to express how much this lady means to me. She was the beginning of an amazing journey. Each season brings new joys and new tears. I struggle sometimes with worry, am I giving her what she needs. Am I too hard on her, not hard enough? Do I listen when it's most important, am I showing her how to trust God?  She wants to make everyone happy and sometimes that means she has allowed herself to be hurt, so right now we are struggling to pray for those who hurt us and to know it's ok to choose to not be friends with someone who is hurting you. This is tricky for her and I worry sometimes, but I know He loves her even more than me and He is so good and picking up our slack. 


Difficulties are opportunities to better things; they are stepping stones to greater experience. Perhaps someday you will be thankful for some temporary failure in a particular direction. When one door closes, another always opens.
-- Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment